What is SenseAwareSM?
Using a multi-sensor device, SenseAware collects and transmits data from inside packages, pallets, trailers, and warehouses using wireless communication. The data is sent in near real-time to a powerful online application for monitoring and analysis.
SenseAware’s web-based application makes it easy to transform information into insight:
- Web-based platform that is easily accessible and can be used with or without FedEx transportation services.
- Near real-time visibility of environmental conditions and location.
- A powerful vantage point for managing all of your critical shipments and devices.
- Permission-based access to share predetermined data with business partners and other interested parties.
- Customizable triggers and alerts that can be preset before travel and changed while in transit.
- Dimensions: 5.5" x 3.5" x 0.75" (14 cm x 8.9 cm x 1.9 cm)
- Weight: 6.7 ounces (189 grams)
- Case enclosure: Plastic, splash-resistant; NEMA 4 rating
- Location: 16-channel GPS receiver; cellular-based location services
- Temperature range: -20°C to 50°C
(-4°F to 122°F)
- Light: 4 integrated light sensors
- Barometric pressure: Range of 300-1100 mBar
- Relative humidity: Up to 95% non-condensing
- Communications: GSM quad-band cellular network
- Battery: Rechargeable lithium-polymer, 3.7V DC, 2000 mAh; 500 expected charge cycles
- Device can last 6-10 days. When monitoring stationary inventory, the battery can last up to 24 days
- Charger: 8-slot charging rack, 1mA, 3.6-4.2V DC output; mini USB charger, 500 mA or greater
- Device interface: Status and power LED indicators; power button
- Approved for use on FedEx aircraft domestically in the U.S. through an allowance by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
- Calibrated to National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
Other approvals include:
- Federal Communications Commission (FCC)
- U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT)
- National Electrical Manufacturers Association (NEMA)
- Underwriters Laboratories Inc. (UL)